Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Collection of Photos from Different Time Periods






























Ma Ma in Trinity, Texas, 1959. I grew up in this house. So did my mother.
























Daddy and Ma Ma in 1960. It amazes me how little Daddy changes from year-to-year, decade-to-decade. He had the same grin, same hair, same beautiful eyes.

When this photo was shot, my mother was probably already carrying me, and she was probably the one taking the photo.
••


















1962, Trinity, Texas (I think). This is my mother, holding me, standing next to her paternal grandmother, Daddy's mother, Mrs. Johnson. I never knew her, and the only "Mrs. Johnson" I knew was Ma Ma.
•••






























Here's another photo from the same day, with Daddy. I don't know what he's doing, or if I'm yawning or sneezing.
••••






















One more like the last one.
•••••



















Christmas in Trinity, 1976. I was 15 years old and I probably took this photo. School was out for the holidays and we had just decorated the tree. Ma Ma looked pretty in her red vest.
••••••






















Daddy and Ma Ma, Trinity, Texas, 1983. I was living in California at the time, giving my dad the opportunity to be my dad. I'd say he failed miserably, but he never actually made an attempt. The man you see in this photo is the only father figure I ever knew, and I wouldn't trade one day with him for a lifetime with my dad.
•••••••

No comments:

Post a Comment